Five Reasons Why University Advertising Is Valuable
In today's rapidly changing and increasingly digital landscape, businesses often struggle to choose the marketing tactics that will help them achieve their desired results. Companies trying to reach younger audiences may be tempted to abandon traditional advertising tactics in favor of an entirely virtual approach. However, when done correctly, university advertising remains a highly effective way to reach and engage teenagers and young adults.
Here are five important reasons why university advertising is valuable to a wide range of businesses.
#1 Properly planned and executed university advertising campaigns will accomplish a number of marketing objectives.
By putting an excellent campus ad campaign in place, you can:
- extend your reach to Gen Z
- establish your brand
- strengthen your reputation
- drive website traffic
- generate more leads
- increase engagement
- boost sales, applications, etc.
- improve your return on investment
#2 University advertising reaches a vast, diverse, and economically powerful consumer group.
We will explore the specifics of the college student population in our next campus advertising post, but here’s a general overview:
- Millions of Americans are enrolled in colleges nationwide.
- A large percentage of Generation Z attends college.
- Campus ads reach a widely varied audience in terms of both gender and race.
- While most college students are between the ages of 18 and 24, university advertising also reaches their parents, professors, coaches, and other influencers.
- College students have significant purchasing power.
“College is like a fountain of knowledge and the students are there to drink.
– CHUCK PALAHNIUK
#3 University advertising reaches college students at a pivotal point in their development as consumers.
As they transition from teenagers to twenty-somethings, college students take their first steps into true adulthood. They become responsible for meeting more of their own needs, and their consumer demands grow. Additionally, every year, millions of college students graduate and begin professional jobs, many earning more money than they ever have before.
#4 The visual impact of traditional university advertising delivers excellent bang for your buck.
You can’t turn traditional campus advertising off, scroll past it, or fast forward through it. This explains why a large percentage of consumers notice static and mobile billboards, and why many of them take related follow-up actions.
#5 University advertising offers other unique marketing advantages.
- Strategically placed campus ads concentrate your campaign on your intended viewers and generate repeat exposure.
- Digital campus media has an important role to play when it comes to reaching the incredibly connected members of Generation Z. When combined with traditional university advertising, it can increase campaign effectiveness exponentially.
- Regardless of time frame or budget, there’s a campus advertising option that fits your needs and will help you meet your goals.
See our complete guide to advertising to university students.
Here at MSS Media, Inc., we’ve been providing Education, Government, Real Estate & Lifestyle clients with succinct, optimized, and successful marketing solutions for more than 15 years. Consider MSS Media, Inc. a full-service, one-stop shop for all your Media and Public Relations needs. Your goals are our motivation. And our mission is to propel your message, further and faster, to achieve the outcomes you’re looking for. If you found this blog post helpful, please share!
+ BE IN THE KNOW
We deliver the latest media tips + insider marketing advice straight to your inbox.