Digital Campus Advertising by Platform: Snapchat
The United States is the largest digital advertising market in the world. Spending in this sector is projected to reach $200 billion by 2025. To maximize return on their digital campus advertising investment, those advertising to university students must utilize emerging media platforms. Learn how Snapchat ads can help reach and engage younger generations.
Why is Snapchat invaluable for digital campus advertising?
With Snapchat, advertisers are able to reach a global audience and drive meaningful results. Businesses can target the app’s user base (comprised almost entirely of younger generations) based on their interests, behaviors, location, and more.
- Snapchat has 576 million users total and 347 million daily active users.
- The Snapchat app was downloaded 330 million times in 2022
- 20.3% of Snapchat users are under 18.
- 38.9% of the Snapchat audience is between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The average Snapchat user opens the app more than 30 times a day
“The most important thing to remember is you must know your audience."
– LEWIS HOWES
How should I use Snapchat for advertising to university students?
Snapchat covers all stages of the customer journey, from awareness, to consideration, to conversion. Advertising on Snapchat can be used to:
- Introduce customers to your brand
- Announce new products or launches
- Help customers learn more about your products or services
- Generate new leads
- Drive traffic to your website or app
- Drive desired website and app actions
You can also:
- Upload customer lists to re-engage customers, or reach highly-targeted groups with third-party Custom Audiences.
- Use Snapchat's Lookalike Audiences feature to identify users who are similar to your existing customer base and expand your reach.
- Reach Snapchatters who have visited your website, previously engaged with your ads, or have installed your app.
How can I maximize my Snapchat campus advertising investment?
- Layer geo-targeted Snapchat advertising on top of your OOH university advertising efforts to increase target audience awareness and engagement.
- Create high quality ads, including copy, CTAs and visuals. Weak social media ads create negative emotional responses.
- Use video and strong visuals. Video and visual content resonate well with users and generate strong engagement.
- Use Snapchat Ads Manager to launch ads, build reports, and optimize your efforts.
- Set up a Snapchat Store to allow users to go from discovery to purchase without ever leaving the platform.
- In addition to conventional Snapchat advertising, use influencer marketing to grow your young adult audience exponentially.
See the other posts in our Digital Campus Advertising by Platform series:
Looking for more information on how to run a successful campus media campaign? See our complete guide to advertising to university students.
Here at MSS Media, Inc., we’ve been providing Education, Government, Real Estate & Lifestyle clients with succinct, optimized, and successful marketing solutions for more than 15 years. Consider MSS Media, Inc. a full-service, one-stop shop for all your Media and Public Relations needs. Your goals are our motivation. And our mission is to propel your message, further and faster, to achieve the outcomes you’re looking for. If you found this blog post helpful, please share!
+ BE IN THE KNOW
We deliver the latest media tips + insider marketing advice straight to your inbox.